Friday, June 6, 2014

Sunday School Lesson on Joy - How to Be Happy Drama Script


We wrote this Sunday School lesson on joy drama script to go with 1 Timothy 6:6-19, but it would go just as well with any passage concerning contentment, money, or finding satisfaction in God alone.


Characters: Man or Woman, Gold salesman, Fur salesman, TV salesman, Jesus

(Props: something to represent gold or money, something to represent fur or fashion, something to represent technology or luxury)

Man: I’m so unhappy (shuffling across stage). I wish there was something that could make me happy.

Gold Salesman: How ‘bout gold? Gold makes you happy! Have you ever seen someone frowning wearing gold? Gold, gold, gold, have some gold! (Hands him gold chain.)

Man: Okay (puts it on, feels proud, struts a few steps, then begins shuffling again.) I’m so unhappy. I wish there was something that could make me happy.

Fur salesman: What you need is a fur coat!

Man: But the gold –

Fur salesman: Gold’s for suckers. What you need is fur. Have you ever seen someone unhappy in a fur coat? I’m telling you, my man, fur is the way to go.

Man: Okay (puts it on, feels proud, struts a few steps, then begins shuffling again.) I’m so unhappy. I wish there was something that could make me happy.

TV Salesman: Are you sweltering in your troubles? Are your worries weighing you down? Then you need a big screen TV for only $49999999.95, you can enjoy happiness in the comfort of your own home!

Man: Okay (takes it on, feels proud, struts a few steps, then begins shuffling again.) I’m so unhappy. This stuff is so heavy… and hot… and none of it makes me happy at all.

Jesus: Maybe you should consider lightening your load (attempts to take stuff from man, man resists).

Man: No! It’s mine! This stuff is making me happy!

Jesus: It is?

Man: No, but what will I do without it?

Jesus: (takes stuff from man, throws it aside) What you need is not something to make you happy but Someone. All you need is Me. (Man is happy, walks off stage with Jesus).




Children’s Review:

Did the gold make the man happy? (No.)

Did the fur make the man happy? (No.)

Did the TV make the man happy? (No.)

What made the man happy? (Jesus!)

Right. All we need in life to be happy is Jesus.

Let’s pray about that.

Sample Prayer: Father God, help us to remember that the one most important thing we need to be happy in life is You. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

Find more Sunday School lesson ideas on our Free Children Sunday School Lesson Helps page.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment