Friday, June 6, 2014

Sunday School Lesson on Hope - Joel 2:23-27

Use this Sunday School lesson on hope to explain to students the meaning of hope and to remind them that God will always bring us to better days.

Needed: An Autumn leaf

Hold up your leaf and act depressed. Say something like, I'm really sad today. Do you know why? This fell off my favorite tree. Just a few weeks ago, my tree had lots of green leaves it was growing and doing great and now, look, all the leaves are turning brown and falling off. I'm afraid my tree is having a hard time and maybe it's going to die!

Do you think it will die, or will it get better?

My tree's leaves fell off because it's Autumn. When Spring comes, my tree will have better times again. It will grow new green leaves again and everything will be better.

It's kind of like that in life. Sometimes we go through hard times, like my tree is now, but God will always bring to better times again, just like my tree will get better in the Spring.

(Read Joel 2:23-27.)

Even if we go through hard times, we can have hope that will bring us to better times.

Let's pray about that.

Sample prayer: Father God, we thank You that You love us and care for us and when things get bad, You will always bring us to better times. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

Find more Sunday School lesson ideas on our Free Children Sunday School Lesson Helps page.
Kindle $.99    Print $4.99

No comments:

Post a Comment