Friday, June 20, 2014

Jesus Sunday School Lessons - The Proof of Who Jesus Is

Another great addition to your Jesus Sunday School lessons! Use this lesson to teach children how we know Jesus is the Christ.


Needed: Bibles

Lesson: (Note: Always allow students enough time to think about and to give their answers to the questions before clarifying the teaching.)

Ask students, If said I was God, would you believe me?

What would I have to do to prove to you that I was God?

Well, I’m not God, of course, but Jesus was. Jesus is God in a human body. Of course, it was hard for people to believe that He was God too. Even John the Baptist wasn’t totally sure.

(Have students take turns reading Matthew 11:2-6, or read it yourself.)

When John sent someone to ask Jesus if He was really the Savior, Jesus told John how He could know. He said, “My proof that I’m the Savior is that I can make blind people see. I can make people who can’t walk, walk. I can heal people’s diseases and make deaf people hear. I can bring dead people back to life and I preach about God to everyone, even the poor people who no one else cares about.”

Jesus was telling John that no one else could do the miracles that He was doing. And because Jesus could do those things, that proves that He is the Savior and that He is God.

Find more Sunday School lesson ideas on our Free Children Sunday School Lesson Helps page.

No comments:

Post a Comment